12 February 2012

First look at the Church's SS12 collection

churchs1

A couple of weeks before Christmas I attended the Church's SS12 press day. I have always been a huge fan of the house. I remember looking at its windows as a kid eyeing the leather brogues like candy. So taking a look at the new collection before it hits stores later this year felt like a privilege.
The model that I was instantly drawn to as I walked into the shop was this patent leather tartan brogue that comes in contrast red, white or black leather. They were incredibly light and comfortable-looking. And I loved the sort of "Jazz Age in New Orleans" feel they had – a more fun take that the classic designs the house is known for.
Somewhere in between the tartan pieces and the classic shoes were the brown and red brogues in a sort of distressed leather. They looked as exquisitely made as the rest but there was a more casual feel to them, which I'm very keen on as I love wearing brogues with jeans and plaid shirts.

churchs2
churchs3
churchs4

I have never been especially interested in tasseled shoes but there was something about this green suede pair below that really caught my attention. Perhaps is the stitching at the front or the kind of 'slipper' feel but they look like such an easy shoe to wear – you can literally wear them with anything. They'd look great with a full-on tweed suit, a cropped chino or skinny jeans.
And I loved, of course, the smoking slippers. I bought myself a pair from the winter collection in navy velvet but I am already thinking about my next purchase. The summer models below (even though they are from the women's line) are perfect for summer. Just think how cool the brocade ones could look with a light grey jean and a blue Oxford shirt!

churchs5
churchs6
All pictures property of Fashion, Frankly

No comments: