21 December 2011

Michael Pitt for the Prada SS12 Campaign

P M SS 12_DPS_Vogue Italia_206x275.indd
P M SS 12_DPS_Vogue Italia_206x275.indd
Courtesy of Prada
Today the images from the men's Prada SS12 campaign have been released with Michael Pitt as the front man, shot by David Sims. I did not see this coming in the least, which makes it an absolutely brilliant surprise as I am a huge Michael Pitt fan and I'm currently obsessed with Prada's SS12 collection. Miuccia has managed to bring together a quirkiness and wit to the very trendy 50's theme.
Sims, who has really outdone himself this time, has adopted a 50's portraiture style for the campaign so it's no wonder it works so well! What Prada meant to do and what they achieved so successfully is to get this sense of a blurred line between sportswear and work attire. Exactly the sort of changes that started happening in menswear during the end of the 1950's and the beginning of the 60's.
I normally wouldn't choose to share all the pictures from the campaign but these are stunning pieces of photography! And I just can't wait until this collection is in the shops. I need the printed neckerchiefs and shirts in my life, pronto!
P M SS 12_DPS_Vogue Italia_206x275.indd
P M SS 12_DPS_Vogue Italia_206x275.indd
Courtesy of Prada

No comments: